Tuesday, July 28, 2009

BUTTERMILK BISCUITS


Every now and then I whup up some chow for the troops. It's been awhile since I cooked a meal for a battalion but I've thrown down for some company-sized formations a couple times since then. Tonight I'm prepping some chow - sausage biscuits from scratch - to throw at a platoon before we go out and do an ambush, tomorrow morning.

Normally I'd be slamming some beers when I cook, but because we're handling weapons within 12 hours that makes it a no go. Yes, we are still Stateside and yes, it is training. Doesn't make any difference - can't show up with booze on your breath and handle the M240B; those days are long gone. Train the way you fight, fight the way you train.

SPECIAL EMBEDDED MESSAGE TO JOHANNA GUSTAFFSEN: if you are looking at my blog from somewhere out there in InternetLand - my Momma bought that jug with the cow on it from your Momma's store Scandia, way back when in the 70's.
- LINNANE SENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment