Wednesday, February 23, 2011

9 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT . . .

. . . walking across the company property this morning. I grew up in Centigrade so I don't know what that means other than it's CHILLY B-R-R-R-R-R-R-R (like Dave the Ragin' Cajun used to say).

All I gotta say is I'm so glad I spent those five winters in Germany - that taught me how to deal with the cold. First thing they did to me when I got over there was take me to the top of the Alps and left me at 10,000 for six weeks. What I learned was as long as you stay warm & dry you're OK - the minute you start feeling the cold that's it; you're done.

Despite all that the coldest place I ever went was last winter in Chicago and the industrial sprawl in the surrounding hinterland. Colder than above 10,000 feet up in the Alps, in the wintertime . . .

. . . and I STILL ain't feeling the cold ! ! !

- SEAN LINNANE SENDS

.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

  1. 9 F would make it -12.8 here in Alberta and we would all be very happy. This winter has been fair cool here with many more -30 or colder days than normal. When it gets that cold we generally say "Its cold enough to freeze the nuts off a steel bridge". Thank God it is only another month or so till spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent 17 years in Alaska. Winter day to day temps were not the problem. The problem was winter lasted from October till April. Being cold for 6 months can become painful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not a bad temp

    we get the same kinda weather most of the time -10 to -15 celsius...for the most part...and its quite "not bad"

    its only terrible when u get hit by the constant high winds that make it feel like -25 to -30 most of the time

    thank god winter only lasts about 4 months here

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the older you get, the more you feel it! Argggggh.........

    ReplyDelete