Saturday, December 21, 2013

OFF CONTRACT

Yesterday was my last day on the job. The team I was working with had a little luncheon and somehow I ended up at the head of the table. Everyone knew it was the last day on my contract, so when the moment was right I spoke up a bit, gave a little informal goodbye speech.

I mentioned the latest James Bond film Skyfall, how it was the most realistic of all the Bond films because he drops out of the Secret Service, becomes a lost soul . . . reason why he drops out is some dud on the team effed up and actually put a bullet in him . . . a classic case of "friendly fire isn't" . . . how he ends up in that weird bar in Kazakhstan, earning a living playing a drinking game that involves a scorpion on the back of his hand . . .


. . . when he comes back to the spy trade he's a physical wreck & a mental basket case but his old boss takes him in anyway coz of all of what he's got in his head . . .

I told them that's me- the Forces & the years of adventuring took it out of me but what I've got in my head is worth its weight in gold . . .

. . . if you could weigh wisdom, that is, which is knowledge & intelligence plus experience . . .

I wound it up. For now, I said, I'm going to hit the trail, take a little some time off to decompress . . . and if you want to find me I'll be in that bar over in Kazakhstan downing vodka & playing that scorpion game ! ! !

STORMBRINGER SENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment