Saturday, November 13, 2010

PLANES, TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES

Lockheed P-38J Lightning "HAPPY JACK'S GO BUGGY" piloted by Jack Ilfrey, December 1944, with the USAAF 20th Fighter Group, 79th Fighter Squadron out of RAF Kings Cliffe, England.



The SANTA FE SUPER CHIEF - flagship of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway - often referred to as "The Train of the Stars" because of the many celebrities who traveled on the streamliner between Chicago, Illinois and Los Angeles, California.



The AC Cobra aka the Shelby Cobra an Anglo-American sports car produced during the 1960s that enjoyed a very long production lifespan through its multiple incarnations; it began life as a Tojiero-Bristol, then an AC Ace, followed by the Ace Bristol and finally the Ace Ford. Just as it was ending its production life, Carroll Shelby breathed new life with the iconic 289 Cobra, soon superseded by the legendary 427 Cobra.


. . . and because it's my birthday
THIS is what I get - S.L.



.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Day.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    Whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday.

    I recently had a BD but I didn't get anything like your gift. However, I have been lucky enough to have ridden on the Sante Fe Super Chief and seen a Shelby Cobra. I also had a girl friend who liked to wear stockings. Now days I just try to get past my BDs and hope I am around for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice link. Left Birthday Wishes at that location,
    Sat in a Lighning at Granite Falls, Minnesota one day several years ago. Got to see Lefty Gardner's(now Red Bull) at Madera in 1988.
    Got time on the Santa Fe as a ballast train technician.
    Cobras are but a dream nowadays.
    Again, have a Splendid Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and many more!
    Been enjoying your Blog for quite some time. Hopefully it won't go away as some others I have enjoyed did!!
    kent

    ReplyDelete