Thursday, December 29, 2011

STREET WITHOUT JOY

Nine years of blood, sweat, toil and tears, punishment and pain, guts and glory fizzled to a sputtering halt this month as the colors were cased and the troops mounted their transports and began the long, slow journey home.




No Victory Parade for Operation Iraqi Freedom Veterans

Instead, a closed ceremony at a secure perimeter in Baghdad, and a ho-hum speech by Obama at Fort Bragg where the word 'Victory' was never mentioned. Because I am interested in all things that take place in my home of more than two decades I actually watched that speech and because I'm a trained interrogator I studied the faces in the crowd on the stands behind the President, and of course the face of the man doing the talking; Barack Hussein Obama.




Obama was so far outside of his element he might as well have been in Outer Space. Instead of a victory speech, he gave a campaign speech, because that's all he knows how to do. That, and condescend as if he was lecturing a group of college students. It took the President of the United States the better part of thirty minutes to explained what happened, why we did it, and The Meaning of It All.

For the record, THIS is how one gives a victory speech to a group of veterans:

"VENI, VIDI, VICI!"

I Came, I Saw, I Conquered - Julius Caesar, 47 BC


At the beginning of this great conflict - once known as the Global War on Terror, now merely referred to as "Overseas Contingency Operations" - it was often observed that this war would not involve the sort of glorious episodes witnessed in earlier wars. The geniuses who know everything and yet know nothing informed us that this was a new kind of war - a war against an invisible enemy who wears no uniform, flies no flag, operates with disregard to borders and diplomatic protocols.




There would be no taking of enemy capitals, no ceremonies indicating an end of hostilities.




And yet two enemy capitals were taken, and we just saw the ceremony, and the same geniuses who explained to us that there would be none of this now tell us that the war is over, that hostilities have finished, and that the American military experience in Iraq has come to an end.

I've got two things to say to that: A) when you have secured the area, make sure to inform the enemy (Murphy's Law of Combat) and B) we are deluding ourselves if we think democracy will ever work in Arab muslim countries. Egypt is lost, and Iraq is poised for a breakup. I give them six months until the excrement really starts hitting the rotating ventilator.

If there is no intent to honor the veterans of the Iraqi War, acknowledge their struggle with a victory parade, then we will honor them here.


STORMBRINGER SENDS


.

8 comments:

  1. We all know Obama doesn't fit anywhere near people who do real work for a living. I'd be curious to know what your reading of the faces of the men behind Obama told you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I know is that the "kids" did an outstanding job and they deserve better than this. I mean how hard is it to have a Victory Parade, A Day of Thanks for the dead and wounded and a few well chosen words from the P.O.T.U.S. ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe its me,

    but I swear it looks like the Honor Guard are carrying "Rubber Ducks" - Why would you have a 20 round magazine inserted for drill purposes?

    http://www.commandposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/color-guard-654x434.jpg

    Just an observation, and if I'm wrong - then I'm wrong and I apologize for jumping to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bush's war. No way O'Hole uses the word
    victory. May God bless each and every member of
    our military who set foot in that shithole. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TomR, armed in TexasDecember 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM

    The troops excelled like they have for two and a half centuries. The politicians and media swam in shit like they have since Korea.

    Eventually we will be fighting this enemy here in the streets of America. My guess is that American patriots will answer the call while the politicians again pontificate, threaten, concede and grovel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. But on this story the only Bien Den Phu occur in Washington DC

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to let the world know about Doctor Ojogun the Great spell
    caster that brought back my girlfriend to me when i thought all
    hope was lost. Doctor Ojogun used his powerful spell to put a
    smile on my face by bringing back my woman with his spell, at
    first i thought i was Dr Ojogun when my girlfriend came back to
    me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him
    back and even since then he loves me more than i ever
    expected so i made a vow to my self the i will let the World
    know about Doctor Ojogun because he is a God on earth. Do you
    have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke
    up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you
    have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any
    kind of help then contact Doctor Ojogun today for i give you
    100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me.
    Doctor Ojogun email is: ojogun.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or
    whatsApp him +2348154637647  

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Street Without Joy," a haunting and evocative phrase coined by Bernard B. Fall, vividly captures the grim reality of war in his eponymous book. Published in 1961, the phrase epitomizes the desolation and suffering experienced in conflict zones. As a war correspondent, Fall observed the merciless toll of the First Indochina War, and his words resonate with the profound despair and loss that permeate the streets where joy seems a distant memory.
    High Net Worth Divorce Attorney in New York

    ReplyDelete