Sunday, January 29, 2012

SPOTTED DICK




On the trains today going through the English countryside. These are some of the names of the places I am traveling thru:

Wanking

Shaftsbury

East Dorking

Slopsbury

Screwing

St. Screamsbury

Blowing

Wadsworth


I had lunch in a pub called The Cock and Pussy - the pub sign was a painting of a rooster fighting a cat, I kid you not. The guy at the next table over said to the waittress, "I'm having Spotted Dick. I know I'll regret it tomorrow, but I've earned it."




Whatever floats your boat, Mister. I don't have Spotted Dick, I don't ever want to have it, and I REALLY don't wanna know whatever it was you did to EARN Spotted Dick. I mean, REALLY people - "Too Much Information!"





. . . OK too much time on my hands . . . here's some street names in various towns found throughout England:

Find Bush Lane

Sandy Balls

Hornyold Rd

Fingringhoe

Shitterton

Hole of Horcum

Fanny Hands Lane

Cockshoot Close

Crotch Crescent

Cumming Court

Cocknmouth Close

Rimswell

Spanker Lane

Beaver Close

Dick Court

Lickfold Close


My favorite is Beaver Close . . . Today's Bird HERE- STORMBRINGER SENDS



4 comments:

  1. An Old Speckled Hen is popular and would have been appropriate.
    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here ya goes, try some. It isn't bad...

    http://www.amazon.com/Heinz-Spotted-Sponge-Pudding-9-4-Ounce/dp/B000II27QE

    Also might think about adding some Grace Spicy Cock soup to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did a trip to the UK exactly a year ago. We passed a street in Dorset called "Butt Farm Close" that might compliment your street name list.

    ReplyDelete