Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Thanks & Tribute to Troops 2012



Fourth of July Thanks

When Freedom's at Peace on a Fourth of July

then pure Celebration should blanket our skies.
But now while our soldiers are risking their lives,

and many so bravely for freedom have died,
we owe it to them on this Fourth of July
to show them our thanks for their noblest of lives.

So little they ask for so much that they give
so we may in freedom continue to live,

that more than just "thank you" to them we must give.

The "more" they would want is not "something" to give:

It's what's given best by our lives when we live

in ways to be worthy of all they did give.

The "everyman" Private named "Ryan" perceived

this insight returning to Normandy's beach

by posing a question whose asking does teach

the answer to what do we owe the deceased--

Asked Ryan, "Please tell me the life I did weave

has honored the gift that from them I received."

-Jim Wrenn



Fourth of July Tribute to Troops from PoliticalXray a.k.a. PoliSat.Com on Vimeo.


Jim Wrenn is Editor at the worthy site PoliSat.Com




"My sergeant said, are you scared, son? And I said, yes, I am. And he said, that’s good. It’s good to be scared. He said, we all are."




Happy Birthday America!

- I love this country, and I would have given anything to have been born here -

- STORMBRINGER SENDS


No comments:

Post a Comment