Sunday, June 20, 2010

MY BROTHER WILL

TRUE STORY

My brother Will told me the doctor told him his cholesterol and his triglycerides were too high, and he was to lay off the red meat and the booze.

"What am I gonna do?" he asked. "If I don't drink I'm going to turn into a serial killer!"

"I tell you what you're gonna do," I said. "Your doctor sucks. Fire your doctor - he's no good. Find another doctor, and when he asks you what you eat, you tell him "Wings! I eat nothing but wings! I come home from work and eat wings everyday, and I wash them down with beer - never less than a sixpack; usually the better part of a twelve!"

So a week or two go by and my brother calls me back. "Hey, I did what you said. I fired my doctor, and went to another doctor, and when she said, "Wow, your cholesterol and your triglycerides are a little too high here, what do you eat?" I told her just like you said: "Wings! I eat nothing but wings!" And you know what she told me?"

"Let me guess . . ."

"She said, "WOW! YOU ARE IN PERFECT SHAPE! WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU'RE DOING, DON'T CHANGE A THING!

. . . except maybe it won't hurt to cut down on those wings a little, though . . ."




.

No comments:

Post a Comment