Tuesday, August 4, 2009

AMERICANA

J.C. Higgins Model 20 - 12 Gauge Shotgun

From 1908 until 1961, Sears, Roebuck & Company sold a wide variety of sporting goods and recreational equipment, including bicycles, rifles and shotguns, under the brand name "J. C. Higgins." These products were well made and popular with the company's historical core of rural and working-class consumers.

Like many other Sears products, the Sears firearms were originally made by Stevens & Savage and other many other well-known firearms manufacturers specifically to be sold under the Higgins brand. Higgins rifles and shotguns were also sold at Western Auto Parts. The durable J.C. Higgins products are still available as second-hand items.

Ron from Hayesville, North Carolina says: "I've got a J.C. Higgins12 gage. I like it. It was my Daddy's gun. For that reason I like it a lot. I remember my Daddy used to say, 'I'm gonna git the J.C. Higgins off the wall,' and then I'd know we was goin' huntin'."

No comments:

Post a Comment