Friday, August 14, 2009

"LIVE FREE OR DIE!"



-Motto of the Great State of New Hampshire.




On politics, a reader recently wrote:

“Politics is cheap and overrated. There are battles to fight in it, and I am part of that, but people have gone way too far into the worship of the State, and have forgotten to look at our nature, our maker, and our ability to create.”


I couldn’t have said it better myself. Ordinarily we avoid politics here at Team STORMBRINGER, for a couple of reasons: A) it’s a terrific energy drain and there’s already enough work on our plate in the security / paramilitary field, and B) anybody and everybody in the blog-o-sphere is moaning about politics, so by side-stepping the subject we stand out in the crowd as something fresh and exciting.

What I present today does have a political slant, however. But to me this story is really about freedom; specifically, the Right to Bear Arms - the Second Amendment is ALWAYS on limits here at STORMBRINGER.

OK: this past Tuesday, New Hampshireman William Kostric wore his gun outside President Obama’s Portsmouth, N.H. town hall meeting.

Now, admittedly this is pretty strident and bold, but apparently New Hampshire State Law is very clear about protecting its citizens' right to carry firearms in public. Carrying a pistol or revolver openly is permitted without a license; carrying a concealed weapon requires a license from the state or local police.

Kostric showed up outside the town hall meeting holding a sign saying “It Is Time To Water The Tree Of Liberty" - paraphrasing Thomas Jefferson: "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”

Bear with me and watch how media darling Chris Matthews takes several pathways in his attempt to politicize what happened, while William Kostric holds his own on Hardball:



This part is priceless: at Minute 1:53 of the interview, Matthews asks, “Was your gun loaded today?” – Check out the look on Kostric’s face.

Kostric - “Wow. Who would be silly enough to carry an unloaded firearm?”

EXACTLY.

Matthews got so mad he called it a "GOD D*MN GUN." (Minute 3:00 on the video clip.)

Hey there, Chris, there ain’t no reason to bring the Lord into it.

Portsmouth police spokesman LT Frank Warchol stated that because Kostric was on private (church) property he would not be arrested. "We can't do anything about it," Warchol said. "Obviously he's on our radar screen at this time."

We have the same sentiments in our laws down here in North-by-God-Carolina, although they frown on guns being openly toted within urban areas. Technically, you CAN carry openly everywhere and anywhere, but they throw out something called “brandishing a weapon” to discourage this. They'll let you carry a loaded weapon in your car, however, provided it is in open view.

On three occasions I have been pulled over; once by a NC State Trooper, once by a Moore County Sheriff’s Deputy, and once by a Fayetteville policeman. Each time I placed my loaded 1911 on the dash and brought it to the lawmen’s attention: “Pardon me officer, but I have a loaded weapon here.” Both the State Trooper and the Sheriff’s Deputy acknowledged the gun, and both said that’s fine.

The Fayetteville cop was funny. He wanted to call the serial number in to see if it was stolen, so I cleared it, locked the slide to the rear, and handed it over to him, nice and safe. Fosdick looked at my pistol like it was a relic from Men In Black and asked, "What kind of a gun is this, anyway?"

I replied, “It’s a Colt .45 . . . ” thinking to myself: DUMBASS.






What kind of American DOESN'T recognize Old SlabSides?





NOTE: I was not cited by any of these law enforcement officers, although I was clearly in the wrong at least two out of three of these occasions. Lesson learned: you get RESPECT when you pack heat!



"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."- 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

3 comments:

  1. I had contact with a LEO agent at one point when I was carrying a double stack 1911 semi-race gun that day.

    He wanted to hold it for safe keeping and I offered to clear it for him first. He refused that and after I explained to him how to take the thumb safety off so the slide would be free to move he cycled the slide 15 times to empty the chamber and magazine with one thrown in at the end for good measure instead of dropping the mag and cycling the slide once.

    I didn't comment but was chuckling on the inside as I didn't think smarting off to an obvious fascist idiot would be a good idea. I was on my way to buy lumber, not go to jail...Then we moved on to the comedy of him not having anything to cite me for as what he thought he pulled me over for wasn't an infraction as my stickers were good, he just didn't read them well at us both going highway speeds in opposite directions. He apparently did not have the eagle eyes he thought he did or maybe he had a quota and he figured an old farm tagged farm truck would likely have some sort of equipment violation. Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    Wasted an hour of my time but I'd rather not say who it was that did this as I may have to deal with that gang of morons again at some point in my life before this moron retires.

    Still is funny to reflect back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice a 1911A1 built by Remington Rand in 1945 one of 85,126 made that year.The ANAD on the slide is for the Anniston Army Depot Anniston Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cop who doesn't reckognize a 1911? More sad than funny.

    ReplyDelete