Thursday, October 24, 2013

THE RIFLEMAN'S CREED



This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My rifle and I know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that!

    Lazarus Long

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys."

    "The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, because a citizenry armed with rifles cannot be tyrannized."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this Chaz - I will print this out with a picture of my ranch rifle - personally tricked out Mini 14 - and put it by my desk at work. You Da Man . . .

      Delete
  3. http://unitedconservatives.blogspot.com/2010/03/amen.html
    From the Blogger Geek with a .45, who seems to be missing from the internet now...so I'm glad that I copied it when I found it. From my post back then.


    Tuesday, March 02, 2010
    Amen

    “A Rifleman’s Prayer

    Oh Lord, I would live my life in freedom, peace and happiness, enjoying the simple pleasures of hearth and home. I would die an old, old man in my own bed, preferably of sexual overexertion.

    But if that is not to be, Lord, if monsters such as this should find their way to my little corner of the world on my watch, then help me to sweep those bastards from the ramparts, because doing that is good, and right, and just.

    And if in this I should fall, let me be found atop a pile of brass, behind the wall I made of their corpses.”

    This prayer was written by A Geek with a .45. While visiting Hungary, he came face to face with the results of tyranny. The prayer was a result of this experience. Go read his post.

    ReplyDelete