Monday, February 15, 2010

THEMES

Due to current increase in workload and professional constraints, I will not be able to maintain posting to Blog STORMBRINGER on a daily basis. I draw no income from my writings here - none whatsoever - and right about now Blog STORMBRINGER is starting to absorb way too much bandwidth; it's starting to interfere with what pays the bills.







From this point forward, I will post one or two originally crafted "articles" a week; and perhaps two or three cultural "hit pieces" such as this vid clip of Miss Shirley Bassey, singing ballads of praise dedicated to that great warrior and walking Id, James Bond:




Shirley Bassey performing Goldfinger & Diamonds Are Forever for the James Bond Silver Anniversary programm in 1988.




Now may be a good time for an interim summing up . . .


It all started about May of last year . . . Blog STORMBRINGER grew out of guidance from Theo Spark - enfant terrible of the Internet with his excellent Blog Last of the Few. Theo became Blogmeister of STORMBRINGER and continues to advise to this day. Hurrah! for Theo





I don't know how he does it. The guy is great, does great work, and I plan on linking up with him in the UK one of these days.

Here at Blog STORMBRINGER we like Great Britain and all things British (despite my Irish heritage - I'm not a nut or a revolutionary). Theo represents all that is good of the little island that is Great; he's possibly the best thing that came out of England since . . . Led Zeppelin?







STORMBRINGER is about philosophy . . . soldiering . . . honor . . . military history . . . theology . . . current affairs and global security (which is to say the current conflict against the Islamofascists) . . . we take it from Ancient Greece and Rome (with a little bit of the Old Testament thrown in there from a historic point of view) and bring it up to the Magna Carta, the Declaration of Independence, the Federalist and the anti-Federalist Papers, the Constitution, and the Gettysburg Address . . . we tie in the struggles of a Free People against the Forces of Tyranny and Oppression . . . throughout the ages . . . and a tidbit here and there from my friends and associates serving overseas in the great Global War on Terror . . .


Name that Drop Zone . . .



This is the correct time for me to thank my good friend David Frum for all the help & support he and his heroic editor Meghashyam Mali have shown me over the past year at his worthy site Frum Forum.
I also wish to offer a gracious "Thank You" to Dave's lovely wife Danielle, for having me as a guest at their home in DC. The Frum guest cottage is a wonderful enclave, from whence I've produced more than one memorable STORMBRINGER post, and Dani can knock together a meal, the best food you could possibly imagine . . .


I especially wish to thank David for the tolerance and patience he shows me; David Frum has taught me to understand that bit, when politicians speak of a colleague across the aisle; "We do not see eye-to-eye on politics, but he is a great friend, and a great human being." This is a Life's lesson of wisdom and understanding that no money can buy . . .


A special thanks also to my buddy, fellow Green Beret "Uncle Jimbo" over at Blackfive . . . the Blackfive Team are great, they do heroic work there against the Forces of Darkness . . .







I would be remiss if I did not mention the many emails I receive from readers, with much blog material, images and links - I thank you all; keep it coming and do not be discouraged if I don't post it right away. I save it all in a couple of special folders and now is the time for me to construct a queue. Like I said, I don't know how Theo does it; I simply do not have the bandwidth.


For now this Science Project will have to move to the back burner because I've got a sh*tload of 25-meter targets popping up like whack-a-mole - like I've told my friends and associates; in my professional life, I'm a sheepdog . . . and the wolves are always out there . . . circling in . . . waiting to make their move . . .



10 comments:

  1. I will cry myself to sleep waiting for your return. Even if it might be a couple days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. vaguely looks like sicily... but i could be wrong, i kind of recognize that corner with the 4way on the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sir,

    thank you for your thought provoking analysis of the many subjects that you have covered here.

    The posts are always crystal clear and you have the most valuable ability to avoid descent into ranting and raving. One of the most pleasing qualities of your contributions here is that you generally avoid politicising your postings, while making your points most lucidly. This is very rare anywhere and is hugely appreciated.

    I shall continue to enjoy your blog as you can put them up. (Please could you ask Theo Spark to continue to flag up your posts as they arrive?)

    Sincerely good fortune with the busy scedule!

    Cheers,

    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be missed, but we'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not going away . . . I'm just going to do STORMBRINGER a little less often . . .

    In the meantime let us keep our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines in our thoughts and prayers, particularly our brave service men & women currently engaged in combat operations in Operation Moshtarak, which in Dari translates as "Together" - along with our dedicated Afghan & NATO Allies. Godspeed.

    . . . by the way that wanker #1 up there - I've been plagued by trollz like you my entire military career . . . come to think of it I think I know who you are . . .


    Cheers, S.L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. S.L.,
    Sucs when soldiering gets in the way of our downtime but this nugget has learned alot from reading your honorable missives, alot of us have.
    As to the LZ, sorta looks like either the US State of NC or GA, something about the rolling piney hills & the color of the newly plowed dirt.
    Good luck in your endevors & I'll be checking back from time to time as well.
    Buzzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, lets clear something up here, Def Lepard is the best thing to come out of England... ...after Theo of course.

    Get a PayPal button the site and see what kind of cash you can draw with that. I am certain many would drop a 5 spot in here or there.

    Finally, had a great time at the range with Oldest of the Youngest domestic Patriots. His marksmanship with the XD and Shorty AR-15 is dead on, though he prefers his Moisin-Nagant. Not sure how many 13 year olds get 880 rounds of 7.62x54R for a birthday present but mine did.

    He keeps saying he wants to trade up for a Barrett.

    All of which is to say that Stormbringing begets little stormbringers.

    Continue to be an inspiration and light of truth, even if only once a week.

    Mountain Fox 8 out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be sure to check in at least once a week for updates.

    The dirt looks a bit red to me so I'm guessing the Lima Zulu is southern, possibly Camp Shelby in Mississippi.

    What do I win? Gratitude? Swell, that and fifty cents will get me...um, fifty cents closer to a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The daily missives will leave a void, however, that will make the nuggets we receive once or twice a week all the more enjoyable. H/T for all
    that I have learned from you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all your good vibes & support . . . it's really not about the money . . . I really don't want to make money out of Blog STORMBRINGER because A) then I'd be a professional journalist and B) I'd have to pay taxes on it . . . it's really about having the time to manage this AND a career that's taking off like a Saturn V rocket . . .

    ReplyDelete