Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE NO FUN POLICE



Got a little nasty-gram over the email machine:

Hello,

During a recent review of your account we found that you are currently
displaying Google ads in a manner that is not compliant with our program
policies.

VIOLATION(S) FOUND:

ADULT/SEXUALLY GRATIFYING: As stated in our program policies, AdSense
publishers are not permitted to place Google ads on pages with adult or
mature content. This includes images or video content containing lewd or
provocative poses, or close-ups of breasts, butts, or crotches.



They're talking about the BIRDS OF STORMBRINGER of course . . .


If the violations are corrected within the aforementioned time period, ad
serving will not be affected. If changes are not made and/or other policy
violations are encountered during the review process, ad serving will be
disabled to your site.

ACCOUNT STATUS: ACTIVE

Your AdSense account remains active. However, if we continue to find
problems, we may disable your entire account. Therefore, we suggest that
you take the time to review the rest of your network to ensure that all of
your other pages are in compliance with our policies.





First thing I did was consult Blogmeister Theo - his advice was succinct:

Sounds like a load of bollocks. I cannot see anything untoward.


Personally I thought I was keeping it clean enough; nothing I wouldn't paint on the side of a B-17 at least. So here's the deal - I cleaned up the other side as best I could AND disabled the adverts from that side. I don't make a lot of money from blogging - it barely covers the ammunition fund - but I like doing it, and I like the people I've met through it, the few opportunities that have presented themselves.

While we're on the subject of money, Ariana Huffington just sold her worthless site for a quarter of a billion dollars and she doesn't have Page Three Girls AND all her writers are singing the blues because they wrote for free! Ha! Ha! Well I don't write for free but what I get doesn't cover much .45 ACP.

I mean, I'm a professional and I'm a businessman - it is my creed that I should turn a profit from this public sharing of my observations and my philosophy.

Any suggestions from out there on how I can develop a bit of income out of this operation I'm all ears - I'm averaging almost 2700 views & visits per day; I know that ain't the big time but that must be worth SOMETHING. I've got sponsors and advertisers - click on them to the right there - I just haven't cracked the code how to really turn the blogee thingee into a $ machine.

Right now it's Tax Time of course and I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest straightening out my incredibly complex finances for Uncle Sam.


I believe in paying my taxes because Jesus said "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's," - I just don't believe in paying too much.


That and some busy changes in my work - which is fluid and dynamic at the best of times - hey, I'm a contractor. What I'm saying is I gotta slack off on the posts next couple of weeks, and letting myself off the hook from doing a daily Bird is the first step.


I'm guessing I'm going to get a lot of complaints here - I know the BIRDS brought in a lot of traffic - here's a little traditional warrior eye-relief while I consolidate my position . . .




- STORMBRINGER SENDS



.

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! Both here and in your "day job".
    Perhaps you could set up an account at Ammoman or some such place with a "wish list". Barring that I could mail you a box of fresh reloads...
    Boat Guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, you are such a bad boy.

    Are you now, or have you ever been:

    Christian
    American
    heterosexual
    pro-gun
    Conservative

    If you answer "yes" to any one of the above you are not aligned correctly. They might have to send you to a FEMA camp for re-education.

    As for ammo money, why not set up a donations basket, pay pal accepted, etc.?

    Me, I offer free advice, for what it is worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sell the ads yourself. Remington has a MPD (Mil Prod Div). Try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe Mr Churchill has advice regarding an appropriate, measured response.
    Two Digits, Rampant!

    TTFN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Team!

    Boat Guy: I don't think you can send ammo in the mail but I appreciate the offer. If you figure a legal way to ship it, 230 grain jacketed truncated-cone slugs fire best out of my Colt Commander.

    Chaz: I don't want to put one of those PayPal "Donations" things because A) PayPal is a pain in the neck and B) I believe in free enterprise; charity is for widows & orphans.

    As a Laissez-Faire Capitalist, harnessing the powerful forces of Advertising is the correct way to go.

    FallshirmJager - I will give it a try. I'm still working on that other thing we talked about; just haven't had time yet to put together something worthy.

    Thanks again - this outreach of support is encouraging!

    Sean L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you considered the possibility that you have been spammed? I get phoney emails every day from PayPal, ebay, banks, etc. Why not phoney emails from Google? Your site seems pretty tame to me.

    ReplyDelete