Wednesday, March 16, 2011

TOO HORRIFIC FOR WORDS

The following email came across my Blackberry the other day:

Hi Sean,

You don’t know me. My name is Rafi and I found seanlinnane on milblogging . . .

. . . I’ve spent the last few days compiling a list of military blogs, keeping the best ones on the list and filtering through. It has been a very meaningful and educational few days . . .

. . . It was a privilege sifting through and learning about life surrounding the military from you. I was in the army, though not the US Army (I moved to Israel a while ago and they draft pretty much everybody). Right now some of my friends in the Israeli army here are hunting two terrorists who slit the throats of two parents and 3 of their children in their sleep last Friday night in a town called Itamar (March 11), among them a 4 year old and 3 month old baby, and I know what it is to fight the enemy who, in some cases, have resigned their right to live among men on Earth . . .

. . . Rafi



Udi and Ruthie Fogel, aged 36 and 35, and three of their children – Yoav, 11, Elad, 4, and Hadas, barely three months old - were brutally stabbed to death in their sleep by terrorists who broke into their home in the Israeli community of Itamar.




Three Fogel children survived the attack. Twelve-year-old Tamar, who discovered the carnage, and her two brothers, Roi, 8, and Yishai, 2, who were miraculously left unharmed.

According to news reports, the terrorists managed to vault over a security fence and enter the Fogel house through the living room window. They then slashed the throats of the four Fogels whom they found asleep, and stabbed Ruthie to death as she exited the bathroom. Miraculously, they did not notice Roi asleep on the couch or tiny Ishai in his bed. After their rampage, the murderers locked the front door and escaped.


Relatives of the Fogel family approved the release of these photos to show the world the savagery of Islamist terrorism. Only these ghastly images can show the world what and who the State of Israel has to deal with:







BIASED REPORTING?

Israel demands CNN apology over attack coverage.

Meanwhile, our increasingly irrelevant mainstream media presented tendentious coverage of Saturday's gruesome murder in Itamar; CNN reporters actually questioned whether this was a terrorist attack. Israel's Government Press Office 'dumbfounded, astonished'


This brutal, senseless attack took place last Friday night, in Israel. My people brought it to my attention and quite honestly I was stunned. The news of the earthquake, giant tsunamis and the emergency conditions at the reactors in Japan absorbed my energies - I'm not a full-time, professional journalist, not by a long shot - I meant to get to this, but again, I was in a state of shock over this kind of violence.

I am a retired soldier and a security professional; off-duty I carry a loaded weapon concealed, and I hope & pray I never have to use it. We need to review this kind of material from time to time to remind ourselves that the world is full of evil people who only wish to do us harm, and to remind ourselves why we carry weapons, and as a reminder to take our training seriously at the firearms range. - S.L.



.

5 comments:

  1. I heard that the father was a Rabbi, so perhaps guns were not an option for them. I know guns would be the best defense against this, but these evil men did not have guns, and therefore could have been stopped by a decent pair of guard dogs. I have a breeding pair of Ovcharkas and would be interested in donating puppies to surviving settler families in Israel if they are interested. Ovcharkas would make short work of such intruders. Does anyone know a point of contact who I could speak to about this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good, dogs are good, guns are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last time I checked, being a rabbi (or a priest) does not preclude one from the God-given right to self-defense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, You can contact One Family Fund.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They were sleeping, it was a friday night. They were murdered in their beds!

    ReplyDelete