Wednesday, May 18, 2011

STOP THE PRESSES

Hokay I figured a cool way to check the history ( Ctrl+H ) found the link to the New York Times article referenced in yesterday's post A MODERN MERCENARY ARMY.


Anyway if you'd clicked on the bold sub-headline it takes you right to the NYT article - D'oH!


If I had time right now I'd go on about the challenges Erik Prince faces in standing up indiginous armies, based on my twenty+ years of experience in this field - subject matter for a future post - all I'll say right now is the hardest thing I know how to do is to manage human beings; everything and anything under the sun will happen right before your eyes and you can take nothing for granted. Erik Prince wants to turn eight hundred Third Worlders into a sort of CAG-for-hire? To that I say good luck in finding eight hundred even if you recruited solely from the modern, industrialized FIRST World - it ain't the same as fielding a security force full of ex-Marine Corps Lance Corporals who actually know the basics of soldiering.

Having said all that, STORMBRINGER wishes the best to Erik Prince and his team in this endeavor.

SEAN LINNANE SENDS


.

1 comment:

  1. I read an article in SOF magazine some 20 years back detailing how Col. Hackworth had envisioned an American Foreign Legion.

    ReplyDelete