Saturday, October 30, 2010

A LIGHT IN THE WORLD WENT OUT

The world got a little smaller today . . .




Little Bella-Boo came into our family a little over a year ago, about the day after I picked up this latest contract and left for parts unknown.


I didn't even know we had a new doggie, until I came home a couple weeks later and wondered what the hell did a raccoon come into my bathroom and crap all over the place ? ? ?



Bella was a Carolina RedBone CoonHound - an extremely rare breed, cousin of the Bloodhound, widely used for hunting bear, raccoon, and cougar in the Carolinas.



My daughter rescued Bella from a cardboard box on the side of the road by Jerry's Quickmart in Whispering Pines, North Carolina. Bella was covered with ticks - her mother had been hit by a car, and there was nobody to take care of Bella.




My daughter raised Bella from a pup.




Bella was a good member of the pack.
Here is Bella hanging out with Tiny, the Jack Russel Terrier.








I was out with Bella today - it was her off-leash time - then she broke and ran for a squirrel.







She never saw the truck that killed her.







All Good Dogs Go to Heaven. Bella is in Paradise now, chasing squirrels . . .




RAINBOW BRIDGE

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.


All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.


They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.


You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.




Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together . . . .




Puppy Dog wonders where is Bella-Boo . . . ? ? ?







I was going to do a Halloween post, with all those goofy photos of the doggies in their Halloween costumes. Due to this death in the family, Blog STORMBRINGER is suspending operations for 24 hours.


SEAN LINNANE SENDS



.

18 comments:

  1. I am very sorry for all of you but most especially for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much they become part of the family. We just lost our Cairn Terrier we rescued in England when I was serving over there almost 16 years ago. We are so sorry for you loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean , We are so very sorry for your loss. Some people can never understand; They say...... " it's just a dog". They are so wrong. Bella was not just a Dog .... She was
    "FAMILY" ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. SL- sorry for your loss. Dogs sure enrich our lives. Bella was sure lucky to find your family.
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SL sorry for your loss. A biker knows why dogs like to stick their heads out a car window

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a few furry ones waiting for me at Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the strangest of feelings. I've lost human comrades and toasted their memory but losing Tess, my dog broke my heart. 16 1/2 years old, diabetic for almost ten of them and her loss I still feel even after more than two years. Still call out her name when I'm looking after my folks dog and forget. Then I remember all over again...
    Please accept my heartfelt condolences upon the loss to your family. If any comfort (if such may be inadequately called comfort) may be taken, I trust and hope that Bella-Boo never knew a thing.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sucks on every level. My condolences to you and the rest of your family on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skullhead sends My condolences

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart broke when I read this news. I have lost dogs in this manner and it is just something you never forget. My only solace was (and is) that I was able to hold them in my arms for only a brief moment but will have them in my heart forever. I am sure Bella knew how special she was in your life. Your family is in my prayers during this time of loss.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sean & Family;

    My heart goes out to you & yours.

    I fully understand the grief felt by you all, having just lost two Staffordshire Bull Terriers, (mother & daughter), though age was against them.

    Kind regards,

    Ex Bootneck

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart is sad for you. Few things hurt more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whenever I'm in the yard I look over at where Miss Claudette and her mother burried the Goob Monster, our carnivorous beastly dog, Goober. They had to put him down in 08 while I was deployed and it affected us all very much. It is strange how much we can be so dependant upon their friendship to make everything right and affected by their loss. Hate it for ya brother, you and your ladies hang in there.....jd

    ReplyDelete
  14. Been there. My condolences to you and your family.

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  15. All we can say is that we are here in sympathy. It breaks your heart. Bless the good life that your family gave Bella. Hug your daughter. Get strength; Rainbow Bridge helps. Time heals. Sigh. It is just so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sucks. I've just lost my Boxer. A true friend and ardent admirer, my soul mate, my therapist and the light of my life.

    The'll be remembered forever.

    My heart felt condolences to all who's lives were touched by Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know it hurts...

    So sorry for your loss.

    - Viking Mia

    ReplyDelete